Sometimes you may not know exactly what to do after an accident, but having an independent insurance agent on your side can give you peace of mind. Having the proper auto insurance in place is the first step, so review your coverage with your agent to ensure your properly covered.
- Immediately after the accident, check to see if anyone is injured and if so, call 911 right away.
- Then, try to stay calm and make sure your safe. If the vehicle is safe to drive, make sure and pull to the side out of being a traffic hazard.
- Don’t discuss who is at fault and just focus on documenting. Exchange information with all persons involved, including addresses, phone numbers, email, vehicle and insurance information.
- Take pictures and write down what happened. It’s best to document while its fresh in your memory as you may need to refer to your notes years later.
- Finally, inform your insurance agent and insurance company. They can work with you on the next steps in the claims process.
Here at Premier Group Insurance, we are here to help you through this stressful situation, so let us know if you need any help after your accident.