One of the best ways to protect yourself from identity theft is to try and prevent it in the first place. If you do have an identity theft problem, it’s best to be prepared as best you can.
Identity theft can also affect your credit which may affect your insurance as well. The agents at Premier Insurance Group can help guide you through any adverse effects that an identity theft may have on your insurance policies.
Here are some tips to consider with preventing identity theft and if one occurs:
- Keep important documents like social security card in a safe place.
- Shred any documents with personal identifiable information.
- Try to carry only the credit cards you may need.
- Review your accounts often for any suspicious activity.
- Make sure transactions are accurate on your credit and debit accounts.
- Sign up for a credit watching service.
- Report to agencies if you have a theft:
- Police report may be helpful
- Call all credit companies to inform them.
- Contact your banks for alerts or freeze’s needed.
Having a good plan in place for any identity theft risks will help ensure that if one happens, it will have less effect on your credit and your insurance policies.